Are you struggling to figure out what to do with all your colored creations? Here’s an easy way to turn your pages into tiny envelopes for gift cards or special notes.
- Coloring sheet
- Glue stick
- Sticker (optional)
- Cut a large heart shape from your paper. The larger the heart, the larger your envelope will be. As an example, a heart cut from an entire 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper will give you an envelope that measures roughly 6″ x 2 1/2″.
- Place the heart in front of you with the pointed end at the top of your work surface.
- Fold the left and right sides in so they are halfway to the vertical middle point of the heart.
- Fold the bottom up so the edges of the two bumps of your original heart shape are flush with the top of the folds you made in step 3.
- Fold the pointed end of your heart down, using glue along the edges to seal the envelope.
- Add your item to the inside of the envelope, then fold the top pointed part of your heart down. You can either use a sticker to seal your envelope or glue it shut with your glue stick.
[Envelope in the photo is made from a colored sheet from the free Lilt Kids Whimsical Flowers Floral Designs and Patterns Coloring Book.]