I don’t know about you, but my refrigerator is covered in freebie magnets I’ve picked up from various local businesses. They’re functional, but not exactly attractive. So, recently I decided to give my magnets an adult coloring book inspired makeover.
- Freebie magnet
- Finished adult coloring book page
- Double sided tape
- Clear packing tape
- Trim your finished adult coloring book page to fit your magnet. The example above is a page from Pocket Posh Adult Coloring Book: Pretty Designs for Fun and Relaxation colored with glitter gel pens. The smaller sized coloring books work especially well for this project because you’re not cutting way as much of the image. However, you could easily use a tiny portion of a big pattern if you wanted.
- Use double sided tape to adhere your coloring book page to the magnet. Work slowly and carefully to avoid wrinkles.
- Laminate your magnet with clear packing tape. I used two overlapping strips on mine to create a clear protective layer. I’m fairly certain Mod Podge would work too, but that tends to be more time consuming and I’m all about quick and easy craft projects.
- Proudly display your finished project. My magnets are holding up an adorable picture my four-year-old niece colored from one of my books. It makes me smile every time I walk by!